Non-Degree Orientation Schedule
It is expected that all incoming students to the School of Professional studies participate fully in their Orientation. The Non-Degree New Student Orientation includes three parts:
- Pre-Orientation Requirements
- Virtual Workshop Series
- Non-Degree Orientation
1. Pre-Orientation Requirements
All new School of Professional Studies students are required to participate in the following pre-orientation trainings:
All incoming students to Columbia University must complete two, university-required online trainings, hosted by University Life on Courseworks. These include 1) Welcome to Columbia and 2) Sexual Assault Prevention.
2. Virtual Workshops Series
The SPS New Student Orientation virtual workshops are designed to introduce you to important campus resources and policies in order to support your transition into graduate studies. Non-Degree Students are invited to attend:
- Immigration Essentials with ISSO
- Maximizing Your SPS Experience with Student Life
- Strategies for Success at Columbia University
- Public Safety at Columbia University
- Research Support with Columbia Libraries
- Thriving at Columbia University: Caring for Yourself and Others
Learn more about these workshops
3. Non-Degree Orientation
The Non-Degree Orientation Session is an opportunity to meet with leaders and representatives from your academic program, learn about your coursework, and get to know your fellow classmates.
If have any questions, please reach out to sps-studentlife [[at]] columbia [[dot]] edu.