Start your HBCU Fellowship Program Application Today!
We are now accepting applications to the Fall 2024 Term. You may review the qualifications and application requirements below.
Columbia HBCU Fellowship Program
Open to seniors and recent graduates of Historically Black Colleges & Universities (HBCUs) as defined by the U.S. Department of Education, the Columbia HBCU Fellowship Program prepares talented, high-performing HBCU graduates to lead, innovate, drive community impact, and advance their professional industries through program engagement, mentorship, and career development opportunities.
Stay in the know with updates about the Columbia HBCU Fellowship Program sent straight to your inbox.
The vision of the Columbia HBCU Fellowship Program is to:
- Advance HBCU graduates’ academic credentials while deepening their understanding of their chosen industries and empowering Fellows to be change-makers;
- Build on the intellectual excellence and supportive community at the School of Professional Studies by enrolling cohorts of Columbia HBCU Fellows from diverse backgrounds who are dedicated to academic merit and community engagement;
- Invest in high-touch mentorship, networking opportunities, and professional development, in order to position Columbia HBCU Fellows as competitive candidates with the ability to make lasting contributions and impact in their careers as well as their local and global communities;
- Provide access to the greater Columbia University network, and create a rich alumni base committed to furthering the legacy of HBCUs and expanding the reach and impact of the Columbia HBCU Fellowship Program; and
- Encourage Columbia HBCU Fellowship Program alumni to uplift, support, and mentor current and future Fellows through continued engagement, community building, and professional relationships.
Fall 2024 HBCU Fellowship Program Application
To be eligible, students must meet the following qualifications.
- Current HBCU senior or recent graduate (Bachelor’s degree requirements completed Fall 2022 or later)
- Applying to a School of Professional Studies full-time Master of Science program for the Fall 2024 term
HBCU Fellowship Program Application
- Short essay responses
- Video responses
- Letter of support
*Nomination is not required to be considered for the HBCU Fellowship Program for the Fall 2024 term.*
- Master of Science (M.S.) application due January 5th, 2024
- HBCU Fellowship Program application due January 5th, 2024
Master’s Program Application Requirements
Please visit the website for your program of choice and carefully read the Application Requirements for the program. Each program has a unique prompt for the statement of academic purpose and supplemental essay (where applicable), and other requirements, such as the need to provide standardized test scores, may also differ.
Eligible Degree Programs
Questions Regarding Admission
All HBCU students or alumni who meet the qualifications are welcome to apply. For more information about admission email hbcu-fellowship [[at]] sps [[dot]] columbia [[dot]] edu.
Educational Institutions and Organizations Interested in Getting Involved
Please contact hbcu-fellowship [[at]] sps [[dot]] columbia [[dot]] edu.
Columbia University is committed to providing a learning, living, and working environment free from unlawful discrimination.
Read the full Columbia University Non-Discrimination Statement and Policy >>