Skip navigation Jump to main navigation

Leaves of Absence

Degree candidates who must interrupt studies for a compelling reason may be granted a Leave of Absence for a stated period, usually not to exceed one year. During the period of leave a student may not use Universities facilities. Approved leaves are entered on a student's permanent academic record. The period of a Leave of Absence is not counted as part of the time allowed for the completion of degree requirements.

Students who intend to take a Leave of Absence must submit a Request for Leave of Absence form to Student Affairs.