How to Apply
Thank you for your interest in master’s program admissions at the Columbia University School of Professional Studies.
This is general information for how to apply to the School of Professional Studies. Carefully read the requirements, deadlines, and processes for your program of interest for more specific information.
You are strongly encouraged to submit your application as early as possible to ensure it is reviewed before the program has reached capacity.
Application decisions are delivered on a rolling basis, typically 4–6 weeks after an application is submitted with all materials.
For your specific application deadlines, please visit your program page here.
- Learn About Your Program of Interest and its Application Requirements
- Gather and Submit Your Application Materials: Gather all of your materials and submit all requested information in the online application form. Pay your application fee of $95 USD.
- Complete Your Application Materials: All required application materials must be provided in order for your application to be reviewed. This includes your video essay, Re Vera authorization form, transcripts and any outstanding test scores or letters of recommendation.
- Start to Review tuition funding options.
- Receive an Admissions Decision: You will receive an email when a decision has been made on your application.
- Confirm Your Intent to Enroll: Confirm your intent to enroll within the application system and pay the non-refundable tuition deposit.
- Begin Preparing for Registration: Submit your final official electronic transcripts or final WES evaluation (international). Follow our guided Next Steps for admitted students here.
- International Student Next Steps: Apply for your I-20/DS-2019 through the Columbia University International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO).
- Begin the Financial Aid Process: Review the Start-Up Guide To Financial Aid on Columbia University's Student Financial Services website.
Application Requirements vary depending on the program of interest. Please see below for a list of general application materials and reference your program of interest for specific requirements. Please note that you must submit all materials directly, not through an agent or third-party vendor. You can see more information on our policies page here.