- You may not apply to more than one program offered by the School of Professional Studies in any one semester. If an applicant submits applications to more than one program offered by SPS in the same semester, both applications may be denied automatically on that basis alone.
- If you apply to a program and are denied admission to that program, you may not submit another application for admission to that same program for a year. For example, if you were denied admission to a program for Fall 2019, you are not eligible to apply again to that same program until Fall 2020. If you have been denied admission to the same program three times, you are no longer eligible for admission to that program and any further application will not be considered.
- All admissions decisions are final. There is no appeal process. The Admissions Committee reviews each application thoroughly and with great care.
- Enrollment in another degree program at Columbia or elsewhere while enrolled in an SPS master’s or certificate program is strictly prohibited by the School of Professional Studies. Violations of this policy will lead to the revocation of an offer of admission, or termination for a current student.
- You must submit all materials directly, not through an agent or third-party vendor, with the sole exception of submissions by the U.S. Department of State’s Fulbright Program and its three partner agencies IIE, LASPAU and AMIDEAST, and by the Danish-American Fulbright Commission (DAF), Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD), and Vietnam Education Fund (VEF). If you have any questions about this requirement, please contact the admissions office at apply [[at]] sps [[dot]] columbia [[dot]] edu.