Carefully review the application requirements of your program.
Gather all of your materials and enter all requested information in the online application form.
- Determine who will recommend you (if recommendations are required).
- Notify your recommender(s).
- If your prior institutions are outside the U.S., request a course-by-course evaluation of your transcripts through World Education Services (WES).
- Write the essays required for your application and update your résumé.
All required application materials must be provided for acceptance.
- Start your application.
- Enter all requested information in the online application form and ensure all required materials are uploaded.
- Pay the application fee and submit your application.
- Complete the video essay if required. Video essays for Certifications of Professional Achievement are conducted through the online application system. Certificate applications do not currently require a video essay.
- Submit the verification authorization form. This is required only if letters of recommendation have been provided.
You will receive an email when a decision has been made on your application and view your admissions decision letter online within the application system.
Confirm your intent to enroll within the application system and pay the tuition deposit.*
Submit your final official electronic transcripts or final WES evaluation (international) from all post-secondary institutions attended.
* Notice about Coronavirus (COVID-19) and Deposit Refunds for Summer 2020: We will issue a full refund of your enrollment deposit if you are unable to attend because of COVID-19 concerns, your travel to Columbia University is disrupted due to COVID-19, or if you decide to cancel due to health concerns related to COVID-19.
Please email apply [[at]] sps [[dot]] columbia [[dot]] edu with the details of your situation and we will review your request.