One of the newest schools at Columbia, the School of Professional Studies (SPS) specializes in innovative academic instruction that reflects market demand and helps professionals get to the next level in their careers.
In fall 2020, SPS launched the Master of Professional Studies (M.P.S.) in Wealth Management program to prepare experienced and aspiring wealth management professionals to meet the challenges of their industry. The M.P.S. is specially designed to accommodate full-time working professionals; it’s part-time, takes 16 months to complete, and utilizes an innovative online learning management system.
Here’s a look at the M.P.S. in Wealth Management program:
- Online asynchronous learning enables students to complete coursework—weekly assignments and short video lectures—on their own time but with structured deadlines.
- Part-time commitment. Students take two to three courses each semester on a part-time basis, but no more than two courses at any one time. It takes 16 months total to earn the degree.
- Scholar-practitioner faculty design and teach all courses in the program, drawing on their extensive real-world experiences and insights.
- Problem-based learning assignments connect advanced theory with practical applications. Students collaborate to create solutions to real-world challenges and opportunities. Through this learning process, students acquire the skills and knowledge that lead to meaningful contributions to their employer’s goals and have an immediate impact on their industry.
- Real-time engagement—online and in-person, when available. This includes faculty office hours, coffee chats, career events, and access to more than 30 student organizations and professional associations.
- Residencies on Columbia’s campus in New York City. At the start and end of the program, students convene with fellow classmates, faculty members, and guests to exchange ideas, learn more about Columbia’s resources, present capstone projects, and build relationships. Residencies typically last three days.
About the Program
A 16-month online program with asynchronous instruction, specially designed to accommodate working professionals, Columbia University’s Master of Professional Studies in Wealth Management program is taught by distinguished faculty with deep, applied experience in their respective fields. Additionally, it is a CFP Board Registered Program designed to help students meet the educational requirements for CFP® certification.
The final application deadline for fall 2023 enrollment is June 15. Students who have international transcripts are encouraged to apply by March 15. Learn more.