Master of Science in Human Capital Management
Columbia University’s Master of Science in Human Capital Management (HCM) prepares graduates to address any organization’s human capital challenges through data-driven, market-based insights and organization-wide integrated solutions. For the full-time option offered in fall 2022, students may either take all of their courses on Columbia’s New York City campus or complete all of their coursework online via Columbia’s interactive social learning platform. The program takes three terms to complete.
At a Glance
In This Master’s Program, You Will…
- Apply strategic, data-based, and digital approaches to workforce management, shifting the role of human resources from business-serving to business-driving.
- Learn from world-class scholar-practitioners, including industry leaders with extensive business, academic, and consulting experience.
- Choose a flexible format that suits your needs, including full-time and part-time options with on-campus or online study.
- Benefit from a leading-edge, industry-driven curriculum designed for immediate impact in the workplace.
- Develop effective decision-making strategies and solutions that address dynamic issues in talent acquisition, development, and retention.
- Explore the implications of an increasingly digital workforce and how to best utilize human capital in an automated workplace.
- Learn how to build an inclusive workplace and how to leverage people’s different skills and strengths to optimize business outcomes.
- Apply a data-based approach to workforce management, shifting the role of human resources from business-serving to business-driving.
- Gain access to Columbia University’s world-class resources, including lifelong career guidance and global alumni network.
- Actively participate in a program that offers learning opportunities in ways that map to different learning styles and professional needs.
- Become a more agile learner and leader as you confront the challenges presented by constantly changing business, technological and human capital considerations.
Program Features Include…
- A flexible and agile approach that anticipates and adapts to changes in the field.
- A faculty of world-class scholar-practitioners, including industry leaders with extensive academic, business, and consulting experience.
- An innovative course of study that is data- and analytics-driven, technology-focused, and outcome-oriented.
- A highly supportive structure in which faculty mentor students, help them plan their coursework, and help to shape their career perspectives.
- Lifelong access to a global network of leading HCM practitioners and thought leaders.
- Access to career resources and practical guidance in securing employment in New York City and around the world.
Who Should Apply?
- Emerging human capital management professionals who want to enhance their skill set and grow in their careers.
- More senior HCM professionals who want to broaden their skill set and understanding of key HCM issues and solutions so that they are ready to move up or across the HCM career ladder.
- Individuals experienced in a non-HCM role who want to transition to a role in human capital management.
- Individuals with three or more years of leadership experience outside of HCM who are looking to add to their professional knowledge and skill set.
- Recent undergraduates who have relevant professional experience through an internship or volunteer work. Undergraduate applications will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Connect with Us
Learn more about Human Capital Mangement at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our programs are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more