How Good Are Your Risk Disclosures? A Comparative Analysis
Please join us for our first in-person event of the semester!
SEC-regulated companies are required to disclose their key risks in Section 1A of their annual 10K filings. But how good are these risk disclosures? In this session, we share some early results of an in-depth research study analyzing and comparing the quality of several companies’ risk disclosures. We discuss the criteria that define the quality of risk disclosures and the characteristics within each criterion that differentiate between the best and worst disclosures. The analysis relies on the principles of value-based enterprise risk management, which is a synthesis of ERM and value-based management. We will also provide a sneak peek at partial early results of the research as applied to several companies (anonymous basis) to reveal how the quality of risk disclosures varies between a sample of companies.
Attendees will learn:
- What criteria define the quality of risk disclosures?
- What characteristics differentiate between the best and worst risk disclosures?
- How to improve your own firm’s risk disclosures.
- To what extent risk disclosure quality varies between a sample of companies.
Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2022
Time: 4:00 PM-6:00 PM
- Panel: 4:00 PM - 5:00 PM
- Networking and light refreshments: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM
For those unable to attend in-person, this event will be simulcast.