Undergraduate Visiting Student Program
Columbia University provides excellent options for strengthening an application and developing skills, as well as receiving graduate school application advising and support. As a Visiting Student, you will learn from respected faculty instructing an extensive range of courses only available at Columbia and gain an experience that demonstrates your potential as a scholar.
Students enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at another university and in good academic standing may apply to the Undergraduate Visiting Students Program.
- Learn from respected, world-class faculty instructing courses in both foundational and cutting-edge topics.
- Gain cross-disciplinary perspectives to enrich your core area of study and benefit from a well-rounded set of skills and knowledge.
- Study alongside Columbia undergraduate and graduate students, gain access to exclusive Columbia resources, and take advantage of living in New York City.
The Visiting Student experience is highly customizable to suit your individual goals.
- Pursue the following Certification of Professional Achievement programs:
- Study in the Business Plus Program if you have a TOEFL IBT score between 85 and 99. Undergraduate applicants must be juniors or seniors at the time they plan to participate in Business Plus. In this program you will enroll in two business communication courses and two quantitative courses. Admissions and program details, including a list of available courses are found here:
- Enroll in the Undergraduate Visiting Student Program, which allows you to create your own schedule of courses aligned with your academic interests and professional goals. Course plan advising is provided to admitted students on an individual basis, ensuring that you pursue a rigorous program of study appropriate to your academic, professional, and personal goals.
Visiting students should consult their home institution regarding the transfer of credits.
Undergraduate courses are typically not credited toward a graduate degree either at Columbia or elsewhere. Graduate courses may result in advanced standing upon entering graduate school, though the degree-granting school is the sole authority for determining applicability of Columbia credit toward a degree.
Length of Study
Admission as an Undergraduate Visiting Student is permitted for a maximum of two terms plus the Summer sessions. Continuation into the second term is contingent on successful completion of the first.