Master of Science in Political Analytics
The part-time option provides flexibility for working professionals. Study must be completed in no more than six semesters. Core courses are offered in seven-week modules, taught online.
The Political Analytics Master of Science is a 36-credit degree program comprised of:
- Required core courses (12 credits)
- Selective courses divided among three fields (21 credits)
- Capstone course (3 credits)
Sample Schedule: 5 Terms
Sample Schedule: 6 Terms
This program provides targeted learning of technical skills in an explicitly political context for political campaign professionals and career seekers to enable them to facilitate cross-functional communication and understanding between substantive political decision-makers and operatives with technical analytics experts.
Students will gain foundational knowledge, theoretical and empirical research skills, analytics capabilities, and applied practice for professional data-oriented careers in politics.
After completing the program, students will:
- Achieve competence in an array of analytic techniques that pertain to political campaigns, such as journalistic communication
- Master the ability to utilize predictive models for data-based analysis of campaign strategies, and explanation of political dynamics
- Gain foundational knowledge, fluency in theoretical and empirical research methods, analytics capabilities, technical skills, and applied practice to impact decision-making at all levels of political analysis
- Have a strong command of how to navigate the legal and regulatory landscape that governs elections, campaign strategy and execution
Connect with Us
Learn more about the Master of Science in Political Analytics at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our program are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more