Master of Science in Human Capital Management
Columbia University’s Master of Science in Human Capital Management (HCM) prepares graduates to address any organization’s human capital challenges through data-driven, market-based insights and organization-wide integrated solutions. For the part-time option, students may take all their courses on Columbia’s New York City campus or they can pursue their coursework online via Columbia’s interactive social learning platform. The program takes up to six terms to complete and only fall entry is possible. To accommodate working professionals, most classes are scheduled from 6:10-8:00pm or 8:10-10:00pm.
At a Glance
In This Master’s Program, You Will…
- Benefit from a leading-edge, industry-driven curriculum designed for immediate impact in the workplace.
- Develop effective decision-making strategies and solutions that address dynamic issues in talent acquisition, development, and retention.
- Explore the implications of an increasingly digital workforce and how to best utilize human capital in an automated workplace.
- Learn how to build an inclusive workplace and how to leverage people’s different skills and strengths to optimize business outcomes.
- Apply a data-based approach to workforce management, shifting the role of human resources from business-serving to business-driving.
- Gain access to Columbia University’s world class resources, including lifelong career guidance and global alumni network.
- Study in New York City, a global center for business and thought leadership.
Program Features Include…
- An agile approach that anticipates and adapts to changes in the field.
- A faculty of world-class scholar-practitioners, including industry leaders with extensive academic, business, and consulting experience.
- An innovative course of study that is data- and analytics-driven, technology-focused, and outcome-oriented.
- A highly supportive structure in which faculty mentor students, help them plan their coursework, and help to shape their career perspectives.
- Lifelong access to a global network of leading HCM practitioners and thought leaders.
- Access to career resources and practical guidance in securing employment in New York City and around the world.
“Our students—who solve real-world problems in real time with expert scholar-practitioners—are able to apply their knowledge to the workplace immediately.”
–Dr. Yvette Burton, Academic Director, Master of Science in Human Capital Management Program, Columbia University
Who Should Apply?
- Emerging professionals with three to six years of experience who want to enhance their skill set and solidify a career in human capital management or human resources.
- Individuals with three or more years of professional leadership experience who are looking to round out their professional knowledge and skill set.
- Individuals experienced in a technical role, such as data analysis or finance, who want to transition to a leadership role in managing human capital.
- Recent undergraduates who have relevant professional experience through an internship or volunteer work. Undergraduate applications will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Connect with Us
Learn more about Human Capital Mangement at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our programs are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more