Executive Master of Science in Technology Management
New York City or Paris
Learn from the best while you work.
Focus on your specialty.
Create an actionable business plan.
Kick your career into high gear.
Alumni by the Numbers
Based on a recent survey, program graduates have:
The program has made me better prepared to be a business leader in today's environment and harness the potential of technology... I work on the commercial side of the medical devices business and had a very limited technology background before joining the program. I was looking for a program that would equip me to better understand technology, its implications, its potential and learn how to drive digital transformation in an organization."Rajit Kamal, '20SPS, Executive M.S. in Technology Management
At a Glance
In This Executive Master’s Program, You Will…
- Be paired throughout with an accomplished technology leader who will serve as your personal mentor.
- Develop a mentor-led Master’s Project that can move your career forward immediately and long after you complete the program.
- Participate in four in-person residencies in New York City or Paris.
- Receive ongoing guidance and input from the Associate Director of your area of focus and benefit from their expertise in the field.
- Develop the technical, strategic, political, and communications skills you will need to be a successful leader in a digitally disrupted world.
Program Features Include…
- The chance to select a specialized area of focus based on your interests and professional goals from among: C-Level Management, Data Management and Analytics, New Business Ventures, Cybersecurity, Digital and Business Transformation or Media & Entertainment Technology.
- A dynamic curriculum encompassing the key issues and trends roiling the digital marketplace, along with the strategic approaches and tactics being used in the C-suites of the world’s most successful companies.
- A faculty encompassing world-class technology leaders unmatched in the Ivy League.
- Online Executive Seminars in which students research, develop, test, and refine their Master’s Project solutions in three steps: product or service realization, strategic planning and marketing, and operations management.
- A formal defense of Master’s Project solutions at every stage of development in front of executive and faculty panels consisting of the world’s foremost technological thought leaders.
- Personal assistance from your private mentor in every area, including research inquiry, professional development, and career networking.
- Access to Columbia University’s resources, along with a global alumni network of over 1,000 program graduates in key positions at top companies worldwide.
I firmly believe that the unique program and the esteemed faculty members who taught by drawing upon their own experiences prepared me for a very competitive role and grueling seven rounds of interviews. In my interview, I talked about digital transformation, strategic advocacy, and cybersecurity, which set me apart. The interviewers also spent a considerable amount of time talking about Executive Seminar and were very impressed by the leadership exposure it gave me. In fact, after I got the offer, an interviewer reached out to me to get more information about the program."Akanksha Rakesh, '21SPS, Executive M.S. in Technology Management
Who Should Apply?
- Individuals with 10 or more years of professional experience seeking a CIO, CTO, CAO, COO, CEO, CSO or CDO position or an entrepreneurial role. Most successful candidates have experience using technology to further business goals, with a strong record of professional achievement and clear leadership potential.
- Individuals with 7 to 9 years of relevant professional experience should contact the program advisor to discuss if this option would be a good fit.
- Individuals with fewer than 7 years of relevant professional experience should consider the Master of Science in Technology Management program.
My cohort consisted of executives from over 30 countries and different industry backgrounds. When one of my friends needed to interview anesthesiologists from multiple developing nations for his startup idea, my cohort helped me arrange that. Similarly, I got expert help and connections from my mates on agriculture, aviation, and finance for my master's project."Shinju Damodaran, '21SPS, Executive M.S. in Technology Management
Frequently Asked Questions
Connect with Us
Learn more about Technology Management at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our programs are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more