Executive Master of Science in Technology Management
Leading an enterprise in a digitally disrupted world.
Columbia University’s Executive M.S. in Technology Management is in a class all its own. Each student works with an accomplished and recognized technological leader as their personal mentor. Each student selects a leading-edge focus area that matches their interests and goals, such as Digital and Business Transformation, New Business Ventures, or C-Level Management. Instructors are world class technology leaders unparalleled in the Ivy League. Students can study online from anywhere in the world, along with regular in-person multi-day intensives in their choice of global capitals including New York, San Francisco, or Paris. Graduates typically assume positions as CIO, CTO, CAO, COO, CEO, CSO, CDO, or as ground-breaking entrepreneurs.
Based on a recent survey, program graduates have:
At a Glance
In This Executive Master’s Program, You Will…
- Be paired throughout with an accomplished technology leader who will serve as your personal mentor.
- Develop a mentor-led Master’s Project that can move your career forward immediately and long after you complete the program.
- Participate in four in-person intensives in New York City, San Francisco, or Paris.
- Receive ongoing guidance and input from the Associate Director of your area of focus and benefit from their expertise in the field.
- Develop the technical, strategic, political, and communications skills you will need to be a successful leader in a digitally disrupted world.
Program Features Include…
- The chance to select a specialized area of focus based on your interests and professional goals from among: C-Level Management, Data Management and Analytics, New Business Ventures, Cybersecurity, or Digital and Business Transformation.
- A dynamic curriculum encompassing the key issues and trends roiling the digital marketplace, along with the strategic approaches and tactics being used in the C-suites of the world’s most successful companies.
- A faculty encompassing world class technology leaders unmatched in the Ivy League.
- Online Executive Seminars in which students research, develop, test, and refine their Master’s Project solutions in three steps: product or service realization, strategic planning and marketing, and operations management.
- A formal defense of Master’s Project solutions at every stage of development in front of executive and faculty panels consisting of the world’s foremost technological thought leaders.
- Personal assistance from your private mentor in every area, including research inquiry, professional development, and career networking.
- Access to Columbia University’s resources, along with a global alumni network of over 1100 program graduates in key positions at top companies worldwide.
Who Should Apply?
- Individuals with 10 or more years of professional experience seeking a CIO, CTO, CAO, COO, CEO, CSO or CDO position or an entrepreneurial role. Most successful candidates have experience using technology to further business goals, with a strong record of professional achievement and clear leadership potential.
- Individuals with 7 to 9 years of relevant professional experience should contact the program advisor to discuss if this option would be a good fit.
- The program is ideal for those pursuing Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certification.
- Individuals with fewer than 7 years of relevant professional experience should consider the Master of Science in Technology Management program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Master of Science in Technology Management
For individuals with fewer than 7 years of professional experience who seek to build their careers as technology professionals. The Master of Science in Technology Management program offers multiple study options, including full-time and part-time, with select coursework available online.
Connect with Us
Learn more about Technology Management at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our programs are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more