Master of Science in Strategic Communication
Business’s 24/7 communications challenges are demanding a new level of leadership. Columbia University’s Master of Science in Strategic Communication positions you to fill that need. Graduates acquire and develop all the essential skills and tools for a successful career in a wide range of communication fields.
At a Glance
In This Part-Time Master’s Program, You Will…
- Learn the communication skills that employers value most, including the strategic approaches, analytical frameworks, and organizational mindset you will need to advance in your career.
- Discover how to apply communication strategy to support or affect organizational outcomes at the highest levels.
- Gain access to elective classes in other School of Professional Studies programs and elsewhere at Columbia, aligning your path of study with specific interests and objectives.
- Gain the confidence and skills to become a change agent in your organization and in the world.
- Develop effective communication strategies through advanced analytical skills, stakeholder assessment, storytelling know-how, research tool design and evaluation, and digital strategy.
- An in-depth Capstone Project with a real client, real research and recommendations, and a presentation to senior executives at the organization.
Program Features Include…
- An innovative curriculum that marries academically rigorous foundational work with the most current topics in the field.
- An esteemed faculty of scholar practitioners who are leaders in their fields.
- A personal, high touch, curated academic experience featuring small class sizes, and individualized feedback.
- Entrance into a supportive community of faculty, staff, alumni, and industry insiders.
- Networking opportunities with senior industry executives and potential employers.
- Access to Columbia’s resources, career guidance, global alumni network, and location in New York City, the communications capital of the world.
Students in or near New York City can choose in-person evening classes on Columbia’s campus. Students choosing this option will also have numerous learning opportunities outside the classroom, including supplemental seminars and workshops such as the Strategic Communication Speaker Series.
Who Should Apply?
An outstanding undergraduate academic record is required for admission, regardless of experience. Strong applicants are critical thinkers, with several years’ professional experience in a communications related role.
For the part-time program options, candidates have a broader range of experience levels in the communication field.
Connect with Us
Learn more about Strategic Communication at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our programs are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more