Master of Science in Strategic Communication: Part-Time Path
Part-Time Hybrid Path
Business’s 24/7 communications challenges are demanding a new level of leadership. Columbia University’s Master of Science in Strategic Communication positions you to fill that need. Graduates acquire and develop all the essential skills and tools for a successful career in a wide range of communication fields.
At a Glance
In This Part-Time Master’s Program, You Will…
- Learn the communication skills that employers value most, including the strategic approaches, analytical frameworks, and organizational mindset you will need to advance in your career.
- Discover how to apply communication strategy to support or affect organizational outcomes at the highest levels.
- Gain access to elective classes in other School of Professional Studies programs and elsewhere at Columbia, aligning your path of study with specific interests and objectives.
- Gain the confidence and skills to become a change agent in your organization and in the world.
- Develop effective communication strategies through advanced analytical skills, stakeholder assessment, storytelling know-how, research tool design and evaluation, and digital strategy.
- An in-depth Capstone Project with a real client, real research and recommendations, and a presentation to senior executives at the organization.
Program Features Include…
- An innovative curriculum that marries academically rigorous foundational work with the most current topics in the field.
- A flexible design ideal for professionals that can be completed in as little as 24 months to three years.
- An esteemed faculty of scholar-practitioners who are leaders in their fields.
- A personal, high touch, curated academic experience featuring small class sizes, and individualized feedback.
- Entrance into a supportive community of faculty, staff, alumni, and industry insiders.
- Networking opportunities with senior industry executives and potential employers.
- Access to Columbia’s resources, career guidance, global alumni network, and location in New York City, the communications capital of the world.
Columbia University’s Master of Science in Strategic Communication program is offered in a part-time, hybrid modality that is ideal for working professionals based in or outside of the New York City area.
Students start the program in the fall and may complete their degree requirements in as little as 24 months or up to three years. Offered primarily during weeknights, the coursework combines synchronous online and some in-person study. This option is suitable for individuals with a broad range of experience levels in the communication field.
Who Should Apply?
An outstanding undergraduate academic record is required for admission, regardless of experience. Strong applicants are critical thinkers, with several years’ professional experience in a communications-related role.
For the part-time path options, candidates have a broader range of experience levels in the communication field.
Connect with Us
Learn more about Strategic Communication at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our programs are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more