- 0-10 years of professional experience in a communications role.
Most applicants to the Full-Time option have 0-5 years of relevant work experience, which may include internships. Successful candidates with less than 2 years of full-time professional experience have strong internship experience. Individuals with 6 or more years of experience should consider the Executive Master of Science in Strategic Communication program.
- U.S. bachelor’s degree or international equivalent.
If your post-secondary credentials are from an institution outside the United States, the Office of Admissions requires you to submit all post-secondary credentials (undergraduate and graduate) to World Education Services, Inc. (WES), a third-party verification agency for a course-by-course evaluation for admission consideration. The Office of Admissions will use the credential evaluation provided by WES to determine if your undergraduate degree is the equivalent of a U.S. bachelor's degree.
- Students must be comfortable with rapid and idiomatic spoken English.
Please review the English language proficiency details under the Application Requirements section to determine if proof of English language proficiency is required. Applicants who are required to provide test scores must submit a current TOEFL iBT or IELTS score report and have a minimum score of 100 on the TOEFL iBT or receive a 7.0 or higher on the IELTS. If you have TOEFL paper scores, please contact apply [[at]] sps [[dot]] columbia [[dot]] edu to discuss their use.
- Demonstrated ability for critical thinking and analysis.
- Ability to write clearly, concisely, and convincingly, using proper grammar.
- Cumulative undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 or better.