Participants Will Learn
- The U.S. job-search process
- Professional oral communication skills
- Communicating complex ideas to non-experts
- Professional correspondence writing skills
- Interviewing types, techniques, and strategies
- Face-to-face and virtual networking strategies
- Industry-specific business jargon
- Professional conduct & email etiquette
- U.S. industry initiatives
Course Registration Deadline
The course registration deadline is May 20, 2022.
This course is designed specifically for Columbia University international graduate students whose first language is not English. The course is not open to those students required to take the ALP's summer Advanced Academic English for Graduate Students course.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility to participate in this course, please contact the Office of Admissions at sps-cca [[at]] columbia [[dot]] edu before completing the registration form and submitting your payment. The course registration fee is non-refundable.
This four-week online course will be offered from June 20–July 15, 2022. The course combines live classes and asynchronous content. Live classes take place Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. ET. Asynchronous content will require an additional 1-2 hours every day.
Columbia Excellence, Online
- Expert, experienced faculty, supported by the Columbia University School of Professional Studies, a leader in online education
- Individual attention and one-on-one support
- Feedback and error correction on spoken and written English
- A supportive and collaborative learning environment
- Small class sizes (maximum 15)
- A virtual community
|Certification & Badge||
Hear what participants in CCA have to say about the course and its impact
Frequently Asked Questions
Connect with Us
Schedule an Appointment
If you would like to discuss your interest in greater detail, you can schedule a Zoom or phone appointment with David Taylor-Tumilty, Senior Admissions Counselor.
10:00 a.m.– 4:00 p.m. ET, Monday–Friday
Reserve Your Spot
This course is open to Columbia University graduate students whose first language is not English and who are not required to take the ALP's summer Advanced Academic English for Graduate Students course.