Online Certification of Professional Achievement in Actuarial Science
This program is for those who want to have professional knowledge of the actuarial industry. Columbia’s innovative online Actuarial Science Certification will help you build and expand your knowledge of actuarial science in as few as two semesters. It will also provide a foundation if you are looking to enter the field.
At a Glance
- A dynamic curriculum offered through a highly interactive platform, giving top students around the world the opportunity to study with distinguished Columbia faculty and leaders in the field.
- Each course supports a personalized path through rigorous content in an online learning environment that encourages social and intellectual interaction between students and faculty.
- Actuarial knowledge spanning topics including investment and asset liability management, property and casualty insurance, pensions, and life insurance.
- Network with leading actuaries, including Columbia’s faculty, practitioner network, students, and alumni who work in fields such as life insurance, health insurance, pension, reinsurance, investments, and property and casualty insurance in the U.S. and internationally.
- Be welcomed into a large Columbia alumni actuarial community who mentor and hire current students.
- Get your start in the actuarial field and gain the skills necessary to tackle entry-level questions that you may face in interviews or in your first position.
- Earn certification online in less than a year by taking two classes each semester.
- Students can matriculate into the Master of Science in Actuarial Science program by completing an additional 24 points. The master’s program is offered on Columbia’s campus in New York City.
Connect with Us
Learn more about Actuarial Science at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our program are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more
Professional Licensure and Certification Disclosure Requirements
Institutions providing distance education are required to provide certain general disclosures for educational programs, regardless of modality, that prepare students for professional licensure or certification. The required information relates to whether or not the educational program meets the requirements for professional licensure or certification in all other states. Where applicable, an institution must also indicate when such a determination cannot be made.
Professional licensure and certification requirements may vary state to state. This information is also subject to change. Students should contact the appropriate licensing or certification agency for his or her home state to obtain the most up to date information.
The School of Professional Studies Actuarial Science program prepares students for the associate actuarial certification examinations of Society of Actuaries and Casualty Actuarial Society and thereby does meets the academic requirements for certification in all 50 states.
Date of Last Revision: July 2020