Online Certification of Professional Achievement in Actuarial Science
Whether you are a recent graduate who is just getting started in the actuarial profession or a professional contemplating a career change, Columbia’s innovative online Actuarial Science Certification will help you build and expand your knowledge of actuarial science and provide a foundation to enter this field successfully in as few as two semesters.
At a Glance
- A dynamic curriculum offered through a highly interactive platform, giving top students around the world the opportunity to study with distinguished Columbia faculty and leaders in the field.
- Each course supports a personalized path through rigorous content in an online learning environment that encourages social and intellectual interaction between students and faculty.
- Specialized actuarial knowledge spanning a wide variety of topics, including investment and asset liability management, property and casualty insurance, pensions, and life insurance.
- Network with leading actuaries, including Columbia’s faculty, practitioner network, students, and alumni who work in fields such as life insurance, health insurance, pension, reinsurance, investments, and property and casualty insurance in the U.S. and internationally.
- Get your start in the actuarial field and gain the skills necessary to tackle entry-level questions that you may face in interviews or in your first position.
- Earn certification online in less than a year by taking two classes each semester.
- Students preparing for the Society of Actuaries Exams P, FM, and/or Casualty Actuary Society Exams 1–2 are given complimentary access to industry-leading software for study.
- Students can easily matriculate into the Master of Science in Actuarial Science program by completing an additional 24 points. The master’s program is offered on Columbia’s campus in New York City.
Connect with Us
Learn more about Actuarial Science at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our program are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more