Master of Science in Construction Administration
Columbia University’s Master of Science in Construction Administration prepares construction professionals and those in related fields to tackle, lead, and shape our built environment. For the full-time option, students take courses on Columbia’s New York City campus. The program takes 3-4 terms to complete and allows for either fall or spring entry.
At a Glance
In This Master’s Program, You Will…
- Prepare to take a leading role in shaping our built environment at a critical time, as the process of building is rapidly evolving.
- Develop the cross-disciplinary expertise necessary to master new building processes such as the use of 3D bit models.
- Gain access to key industry leaders, events, and connections, as well as the full range of Columbia University resources.
- Join an unparalleled network of program alumni who touch every major construction project in New York City.
- Learn effective project management, including hard skills and soft skills.
- Apply critical thought processes that will allow you to lead large teams and complex construction projects in a dynamic, ever-changing environment.
- Help shape a legacy in the built environment of the cities and countries in which you live.
Program Features Include…
- A distinguished faculty of scholar-practitioners and industry leaders who are active in professional construction associations, including the Project Management Institute and the Construction Manager Association of America.
- An innovative curriculum that focuses on both commercial and residential building sectors and covers processes applicable to any kind of project – from stadiums and parks, to railroad terminals and airports, to bridges and tunnels.
- A supportive environment in which faculty, mentors, and alumni take a personal interest in your academic and career success.
- Many opportunities to engage with leaders in the construction industry, network with them, and become a member of their community.
- In-depth coverage of key topics, including cost estimating and project financing, construction technique, human and material resources, construction law, conflict resolution, and environmental safety and conservation.
- A Capstone Project in which students create an actionable management plan or project manual for a current New York City-based construction project.
- Columbia’s Ivy League pedigree and location in New York City, one of the world’s construction capitals, which translate to unparalleled opportunities for industry networking and employment.
- Over 350 program alumni who engage in active mentoring and help form the foundation of a robust networking system.
Who Should Apply?
The program is geared toward individuals who:
- Want to ground themselves in the fundamentals of construction management and development or to hone their skills in a specific area.
- Want to improve current job performance and advance into upper levels of management.
- Are looking to launch their own development, construction, or consulting firm or entrepreneurial venture.
While at least two to three years of industry experience is ideal, applicants with less experience, who have worked in family businesses or through internships, are encouraged to apply.
Connect with Us
Learn more about Construction Administration at Columbia University's School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admission to our programs is highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Stay in the know with updates sent straight to your inbox.