Master of Science in Applied Analytics
The Master of Science in Applied Analytics program prepares students with the practical data and leadership skills to succeed in the coming era. For the part-time option, there are two program formats to choose from: in-person on Columbia’s New York City campus, or online via Columbia’s flexible learning platform (both formats offer a Fall or Spring enrollment).
At a Glance
In This Master’s Program, You Will…
- Gain exposure to analytical tools and methods to address a wide range of business challenges.
- Learn to recognize opportunities to impact an organization’s strategic direction through the implementation of analytics processes.
- Learn to source, store, and model the internal and external data needed to answer questions and produce value.
- Learn to incorporate sophisticated data analytical techniques, approaches, and models to affect outcomes and decision-making.
- Develop the management and analytical skills necessary to implement change based on data-driven decisions.
Program Features Include…
- A faculty of highly experienced practitioners who are leaders in the field.
- A well-rounded approach covering the required soft (leadership) and hard (technical) skills you will need to advance in your career.
- An innovative curriculum featuring both Management and Technical Cores that will equip you with the tools to analyze data, produce actionable information, and create an analytical culture within an organization.
Part-Time Program Options
- Part-time on campus. Requires 36 credits and up to two years to complete.
- Part-time online. Requires 36 credits and up to two years to complete. Classes take place entirely online in real time.
Who Should Apply?
Individuals looking to enhance decision-making using data within a wide range of functions, including finance, operations, marketing, or sales.
F1 Optional Practical Training Opportunities
Following completion of the program, international degree-holders may be eligible for F1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) and the opportunity to work in the U.S. for up to one year. Because this is a STEM-eligible program, international degree-holders may be eligible for an F1 STEM OPT Extension, which allows F1 students to apply for an additional 24 months of OPT.
Connect with Us
Learn more about Applied Analytics at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our programs are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more