New York, NY – January 7, 2019 — Columbia University School of Professional Studies (SPS) today announced the appointment of its inaugural cohort of Executives in Residence.
The SPS Executives in Residence program provides students with the opportunity to engage with, and learn from, top industry leaders in the disciplines taught at the School. The program extends SPS’ mission to provide an educational bridge connecting academic research and thought leadership, enabling exceptional, purpose-driven students to create real-world impact.
Building upon the School’s scholar-practitioner model, Executives in Residence will enrich the graduate student experience by sharing their diverse knowledge and skills through instruction, mentorship, and research. Executives in Residence will engage with students through a variety of formats at SPS’s Career Design Labs located in New York City and San Francisco.
“I am honored to welcome these distinguished individuals as our inaugural Executives in Residence,” said Dr. Jason Wingard, Dean of Columbia’s School of Professional Studies. “Their impressive industry experience and leadership expertise will be invaluable to our students as they prepare for the new world of work.”
The inaugural cohort of Executives in Residence includes:
- Maryam Banikarim, Former Global Chief Marketing Officer, Hyatt Hotels
- Lance Braunstein, Chief Information Officer, E*TRADE
- Murli Buluswar, Senior Executive Advisor, The Boston Consulting Group
- Nicholas Donofrio, Former Executive Vice President of Innovation and Technology, IBM
- Virginia Gambale, Managing Partner, Azimuth Partners LLC
- Todd Haimes, Artistic Director/CEO, Roundabout Theatre Company
- Edward Lewis, Founder, Essence Magazine
- John Nixon, Partner, Duane Morris, LLP
- Amrit Ray, M.D., Global President, R&D, Pfizer Essential Health
- Amy Stroud, Senior Vice President, Content Marketing, Bank of America
About Columbia University School of Professional Studies
The School of Professional Studies (SPS) offers a best-in-class, industry-driven experience for students across the learning continuum—from high school to post retirement. SPS features a range of academically intensive programs, including competitive and interdisciplinary master’s degrees, executive education and certificate offerings, global pre-college programs, rigorous English language studies, and auditing of Columbia University courses through a robust lifelong learning platform.
SPS Website: http://sps.columbia.edu/