Lori B. Rassas
Lori Rassas is an SPHR-certified labor and employment attorney and HR consultant with over two decades of experience. Prior to building an HR consulting business and joining the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Rassas worked as the Assistant Counsel for SAG-AFTRA (which at the time was AFTRA), a law clerk at NBC, the Director of Labor Relations in Columbia University’s Central Human Resources Office and the Director of HR and Special Projects at Columbia University’s School of Professional Studies.
The extensive practical experience that Rassas has gained as an advocate for both employers and employees in all phases of the employment relationship provides the basis for her pragmatic approach to the navigation of HR matters. She has counseled employers about how to build and manage their workforces, and she has counseled employees in all phases of their employment relationships.
Rassas has also written four books, including a textbook entitled Employment Law: A Guide to Hiring, Managing, and Firing for Employers and Employees (Wolters Kluwer, 3rd ed. 2017), which is widely used by college and graduate students, human resources professionals, paralegals, businesses, and related programs. Her second book, the #1 Amazon best-seller The Perpetual Paycheck: 5 Secrets to Getting a Job, Keeping a Job, and Earning Income for Life in the Loyalty-Free Workplace, and her other two books, have been included in prominent programs and publications such as CNBC’s "The Power Lunch," The New York Times, WNPR's "Where We Live," AARP.org, NextAvenue.org, and Forbes.com.
In addition to working at the Met, Lori continues to operate her HR consulting practice, providing guidance on HR matters, coaching job seekers and job changers, and offering live and web-based training workshops. She also has more than 10 years of experience in higher education, working as an adjunct faculty member at a number of academic institutions, including Fordham University School of Law, Columbia University Mailman School of Public Health, and The Scheinman Institute on Conflict Resolution at Cornell University. She is also a trained mediator and arbitrator.
- LL.M., New York University
- J.D., George Washington University
- B.A., Tufts University
- The Perpetual Paycheck: 5 (More) Secrets to Getting a Job, Keeping a Job, and Earning Income for Life in the Loyalty-Free Workplace (Lori B. Rassas, LLC, 2018)
- Employment Law: A Guide to Hiring, Managing, and Firing for Employers and Employees (Wolters Kluwer, 3rd ed. 2017)
- Over the Hill But Not the Cliff: 5 Strategies for 50+ Job Seekers to Push Past Ageism & Find a Job in the Loyalty-Free Workplace (CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform, 2017)
- The Perpetual Paycheck: 5 Secrets to Getting a Job, Keeping a Job, and Earning Income for Life in the Loyalty-Free Workplace (Lori B. Rassas, LLC, 2015)
In the News
What Are Your Employees Thinking? Learn How to Proactively Address Potential Causes of Potential Employee Resistance to Your DEIA Initiatives
Rassas addresses how to work most effectively on a broad range of projects related to inclusivity in her new book.