The 2020 Election Cycle & the Nonprofit Organization: Intersections and Opportunities
Election cycles present a unique, strategic opportunity for the nonprofit sector to engage in policy and advocacy. In the first workshop of the Election 2020 special series, two of the foremost policy experts in the sector, Sue Santa and Sandra Swirski, joined by Steve Taylor and Nina Ozlu Tunceli, leaders in policy and advocacy from renowned 501(c)(3) and 501(c)(4) organizations, addressed how nonprofits may harness the opportunity an election cycle presents to shape policy. Whether your nonprofit’s focus is on national, state or local politics, this workshop can help you jumpstart or elevate your strategic policy initiatives.
- Cindy M. Lott, Academic Director and Senior Lecturer, Nonprofit Management M.S. program, School of Professional Studies, Columbia University
- Sue Santa, Election Series Co-Developer and Adjunct Lecturer, Nonprofit Management M.S. program, School of Professional Studies, Columbia University; Principal, Santa Consulting
- Sandra Swirski, Election Series Co-Developer, M.S. Nonprofit Management, School of Professional Studies, Columbia University; Partner and Co-founder, Urban Swirski & Associates
- Steve Taylor, Senior Vice President and Counsel for Public Policy, United Way Worldwide (501(c)(3))
- Nina Ozlu Tunceli, Chief Counsel of Government and Public Affairs & Executive Director, Americans for the Arts Action Fund (501(c)(4))