Master of Science in Technology Management
The demand for skilled and experienced leaders who can guide their firms to compete in today’s highly competitive, global, technology-based economy has never been higher. Columbia University’s M.S. in Technology Management provides new technology professionals and recent graduates with the key strategic and tactical skills necessary to drive enhanced organizational performance through the use of technology and to become leaders in the field. For the full-time option, courses take place on Columbia’s New York City campus and the program takes one year to complete. Fall and spring entry is available for 2021.
At a Glance
In This Master’s Program, You Will…
- Develop the technical, strategic, political, and communications skills necessary to lead through constant digital innovation and disruption.
- Learn how to implement new technology that enhances business performance and growth.
- Develop the management and communications skills to successfully lead initiatives and major projects within or between organizations.
- Leverage technology as a driver for business process innovation and improvement.
- Anticipate, adapt to and accelerate technology’s impact on individuals, organizations, and industries
Program Features Include…
- A dynamic curriculum, including current trends and issues in high-level technology management.
- An esteemed faculty, including accomplished executives from the C-suites of major organizations worldwide and from Columbia’s Schools and affiliates, who bring practical experience, management skills, and leadership expertise.
- An in-depth Capstone Project in which students critically assess and creatively address a real-world challenge, culminating in an oral defense in front of an executive panel.
- Access to Columbia University’s Ivy League resources, networking opportunities, and global alumni base.
Who Should Apply?
This program is ideal for individuals who are seeking to switch careers and/ or build their careers as technology leaders. Diverse industries and specializations are represented in every incoming class.
F1 Optional Practical Training Opportunities
OPT (Optional Practical Training) is a benefit and extension of F-1 student status that permits you to remain in the U.S. after you complete your academic program with permission to work in your field of study. For full details on eligibility and requirements, please visit the International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO) website.
Executive Master of Science in Technology Management
For mid-career professionals with 10 or more years of experience looking to assume an executive-level position or an entrepreneurial role. Intensive study options are available in New York City and Paris.
Connect with Us
Learn more about Technology Management at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our programs are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more