Online Information Session: M.S. in Bioethics
Attend an online information session to explore how joining Columbia University’s Master of Science in Bioethics program could be the right career move for you. Can't make it? bioethics [[at]] sps [[dot]] columbia [[dot]] edu (Contact an admissions counselor.)
As advances in biotechnology and biomedicine gain momentum, so do issues concerning their ethical, legal, and social implications in the United States and around the world. From stem cell research to healthcare reform, these topics involve critical dilemmas at the intersections of law, society, culture, public policy, philosophy, religion, economics, and history.
The Master of Science in Bioethics grounds students in interdisciplinary approaches and models to address the most pressing bioethical challenges. The program prepares students to act as responsible and responsive leaders in this new and ever-growing field. It also includes a concentration in global bioethics – the first of its kind in the U.S.
Program formats include:
- Master of Science (Full-Time | On-Campus or Online)
- Master of Science (Part-Time | On-Campus or Online)
Students in the program:
- Study with world-class multidisciplinary faculty from across the University, including the College of Physicians and Surgeons, Mailman School of Public Health and Columbia's Department of Psychiatry.
- Hear from and network with noted bioethicists, academics, authors and medical professionals during lectures, book readings and panel discussions.
- Obtain Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit as a participant in any of Columbia's courses in Bioethics.
- Attend New York City-area meetings of clinical ethics committees, research ethics committees and Institutional Review Boards (IRB).
- Conduct research and literature review and analysis to write an independent work of scholarship in the form of a Master's Thesis.
Register today to join us online for this information session. Ample time will be provided to get your questions answered live with our admissions team.