LGBTQ+ Guide Celebration Panel
Join us in celebrating the publication of the print edition of the Columbia University LGBTQ+ Guide: Resources to Foster an Affirming Community for LGBTQ+ Faculty and Staff. We will discuss the process of creating the guide and its potential role in furthering Columbia’s broader social justice mission.
This conversation will honor Columbia’s rich LGBTQ+ history, highlight hubs of LGBTQ+ scholarship, and celebrate major advancements in LGBTQ+ law and policy. We will discuss the implications of promoting an LGBTQ+- affirming campus climate for recruitment, mentoring, advancement, and overall well-being.
Our panel will feature faculty and staff whose contributions to LGBTQ+ scholarship and activism have had a significant impact on life at Columbia and in the broader community.
- Walter Bockting, Area Leader, Gender, Sexuality, and Health; Director of the Program for the Study of LGBT Health; Professor of Medical Psychology (In Psychiatry and Nursing)
- Anke Ehrhardt, Professor of Medical Psychology (in Psychiatry)
- Billy Caceres, Assistant Professor of Nursing
- Katherine Franke, James L. Dohr Professor of Law; Director, Center for Gender & Sexuality Law; Faculty Director, Law, Rights, and Religion Project; Faculty Director, ERA Project
- Tonya Richards, Chief Staff Diversity Officer, CUIMC Human Resources
- Brian Smith, Assistant Professor of Computer Science