Fall 2019 MS in Sustainability Management Capstone Final Briefings
The Integrative Capstone Workshop serves as the culminating educational experience for students in the M.S. in Sustainability Management program. Students must draw on both the practical skills and the analytical knowledge they have gained to address crucial sustainability management issues as consultants for a real-world client.
This semester, students have undertaken the following projects:
- Adapting Stormwater Management to Climate Change
Client: New York City Department of Environmental Protection
- Expand the Utilization of Solar Energy in Urban Communities
Client: Solar One
- Are ocean-farmed sea greens and plant and cell-based meats part of a sustainable solution to feed the world?
Client: Wildlife Conservation Society’s New York Seascape Program
- Institutional traits and leadership competencies in municipal governance for the Achievement of Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)
Client: United Nation’s Department of Economic and Social Affairs UNDESA - Division for Public Institutions and Digital Government (DPIDG)
- Taking Faculty House Sustainability Leadership to The Next Level
Client: Columbia University Events Management (UEM) and the Office of Environmental Stewardship
Prospective students are highly encouraged to attend and stay afterward to connect with current students and faculty. Please bring your ID and arrive by no later than 6:10 pm so as not to disrupt the presentations.
Event Contact Information
kd2528 [[at]] columbia [[dot]] edu