2019 Columbia University and RICS Construction Technology Symposium
Columbia University and the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), hosted the 2019 Construction Tech Symposium to convene owners, constructors, designers, engineers, tech providers, scholars, and students who are currently field-testing and developing some of the industry's leading technology solutions.
Watch highlights from the symposium on the Columbia SPS YouTube channel.
- Introduction and Keynote featuring Denise Berger, FAIA, Chief of Operations and Engineering, The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- Session 1: Building Value
- Session 2: Designing Value
- Session 3: Constructing Value
- Session 4: Delivering Value
- Adopting and Integrating Technology Solutions Into Your Projects and Business Strategy
- Closing Remarks featuring Renee Sacks, Ph.D., Publisher, Diversity Agenda; Executive Director, Women Builders Council; President and Founder, Sacks Communications
Talent, Tech, and Ops: Leveraging Value for the Construction Industry
The 2019 Symposium showcased some of the most exciting opportunities as well as challenges faced by project teams combining the power of talent with the power of CONTech.
Attendees learned how to:
- Identify the current landscape of emerging construction technologies being adopted by the largest and most sophisticated projects in the market
- identify strategies for deploying talent and technologies that ensure final project outcomes are achieved and value is generated for all stakeholders
- Consider new and emerging project needs that can be supported by tech solutions on the horizon
Leading experts shared their insights in an engaging and interactive environment that incorporated diverse viewpoints and real-world experiences.