Global Chief Diversity and Engagement Officer and SVP, Talent Management, PepsiCo, Inc.
In January 2018, Umran Beba was announced as the Global Chief Diversity and Engagement Officer and SVP, Talent Management for PepsiCo, based in Purchase, New York. As the Global Chief Diversity and Engagement Officer, Umran oversees the global diversity agenda working with sector leadership teams to execute a sustainable roadmap for PepsiCo’s Performance with Purpose People goals. With Umran’s broadened responsibilities in Talent Management, she assumes responsibility for Talent Assessment and Development, Learning and PepsiCo University as well as continuing to oversee Human Capital Management Strategy and Workforce Analytics, Enterprise Organization Development, Change Management, Organization Design, Labor COE, HR Operations, Core Services and Human Capital Management Communications functions.
Before this role, she was the SVP and CHRO, PepsiCo Global Human Capital Management, Services and Operations. From 2013-2015, she was the SVP and CHRO for PepsiCo Asia, Middle East, and North Africa spanning over 41 countries, 26,000 direct employees and more than 50 nationalities in its workforce and was based in Dubai. Umran Beba has held a wide range of roles since joining the company in 1994. She was the President of PepsiCo’s Asia-Pacific region during 2010-2013, a business spanning 25 markets with approximately 4,400 direct employees. During these years she was based in Hong Kong. Earlier in her career, she was the President of PepsiCo's South East Europe Region, covering 14 markets including Turkey, Greece, Cyprus, Israel, and the Balkans. Beba has also served as the Business Unit General Manager for East Mediterranean, comprising Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan, Syria, and Iraq. She started her PepsiCo career at Frito-Lay in Turkey, where she held positions including Marketing Director, HR Director and ultimately General Manager. Beba is a great supporter of all of PepsiCo's Performance with Purpose goals. During her time as President of PepsiCo Asia-Pacific, the region was home to Water Hope, a collaborative social enterprise that aims to bring clean drinking water to one million Filipinos by 2015 and also supported the launch of Liter of Light in the Philippines. Under her leadership, the Region launched sustainable product initiatives in Australia, Thailand, and the Philippines and started agricultural initiatives in Myanmar as well as the Business Skills Development Center with UNESCO. Umran is also a dedicated advocate of diversity and inclusion. Umran lives in Connecticut (USA) with her husband and two sons.
Affiliations and Appointments
- Award winner, Gold Stevie Award – female Executive of the Year, 2014; Women International Network, the Global Inspiring Women Worldwide Award, 2013; PepsiCo Steve Reinemund Diversity and Inclusion Leadership Legacy Award, 2012; The International Alliance for Women (TIAW), 2011
- Ms. Beba has been in Fortune magazine’s global list of the Most Powerful Women in Business for the period of 2011-2013.
- In April 2012, Fortune Turkey, listed Ms. Beba the #2 Most Powerful Turkish Business Woman.
- Board Member, Calbee Group Japan-public company (in Tokyo Stock Exchange since 2011) between 2010-2015; Neighbors Link since April 2017; International Youth Foundation starting September 2017
- Member, Global Talent and Diversity Council, Asia Society; World Economic Forum Global Future Council for Future of Education, Gender and Work
- Advisory Council Member, Switzerland-based Women International Network (WIN)
- "Mentorship for Women for Board Seats," organized by Praesta and Forbes in Turkey
- Umran served as the President of Food Industry Asia, a pan-Asian food and beverage industry association during April 2013 – April 2014 and as an Advisory Council Member for Hong Kong University of Science and Technology Business School during 2011-2013.
- M.B.A., Bogaziçi University, Turkey
- B.Sc., Bogaziçi University, Turkey
Umran Beba has been featured in the following books:
- Good Leaders Learn (Routledge 1st ed., 2013)
- Breaking the Ceiling, Touch the Sky (House of Rose Pte Ltd., 2015)
- Leadership Revelations III: How We Achieve the Gender Tipping Point
- Dream Job