Master of Science in Technology Management
The demand for skilled and experienced leaders who can guide their firms to compete in today’s highly competitive, global, technology-based economy has never been higher. Columbia University’s M.S. in Technology Management provides new technology professionals and recent graduates with the key strategic and tactical skills necessary to drive enhanced organizational performance through the use of technology and to become leaders in the field. For the part-time option, courses take place on Columbia’s New York City campus and the program takes up to 2 years to complete. Courses are scheduled to accommodate working professionals.
At a Glance
In This Master’s Program, You Will…
- Develop the technical, strategic, political, and communications skills necessary to lead through constant digital innovation and disruption.
- Learn how to implement new technology that enhances business performance and growth.
- Develop the management and communications skills to successfully lead initiatives and major projects within or between organizations.
- Leverage technology as a driver for business process innovation and improvement.
- Anticipate, adapt to and accelerate technology’s impact on individuals, organizations, and industries
Program Features Include…
- A dynamic curriculum, including current trends and issues in high-level technology management.
- An esteemed faculty, including accomplished executives from the C-suites of major organizations worldwide and from Columbia’s Schools and affiliates, who bring practical experience, management skills, and leadership expertise.
- An in-depth Capstone Project in which students critically assess and creatively address a real-world challenge, culminating in an oral defense in front of an executive panel.
- Access to Columbia University’s Ivy League resources, networking opportunities, and global alumni base.
Who Should Apply?
This program is ideal for professionals who are seeking to switch careers and/ or build their careers as technology leaders. Most candidates have over 2 years of professional experience in a range of industries. Successful candidates with less than 2 years of full-time professional experience have strong internship experience. Diverse industries and specializations are represented in every incoming class.
F1 Optional Practical Training Opportunities
Following successful completion of the program, international degree-holders may be eligible for F1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) and the opportunity to work in the U.S. for up to one year. Because this is a STEM-eligible program, international degree-holders may be eligible for an F1 STEM OPT Extension, which allows F1 students to apply for an additional 24 months of OPT.
Connect with Us
Learn more about Technology Management at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our programs are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more