The ALP offers intensive, business, winter cultural, part-time, and special programs.
Click on each program below for more information and to apply.
Intensive English Programs
- Intensive Academic English Program
14-week Fall and Spring courses and 3-4 week Summer courses. Pre-intermediate to very advanced levels.
- Advanced Academic Preparation
Rigorous 8-week Summer course for students who have immediate plans to enter a degree program in the U.S.
Winter Cultural Program
- Winter Institute
2-week cultural program. English + New York City.
- English for Professional Purposes: Business
3-week high-level intensive Summer course for business professionals and pre-MBA students.
Part-Time English Programs
Open to NY residents, Columbia students and employees. Fall and Spring semester.
- Academic Writing for International Students
- Listening and Speaking for International Students
Special Programs (Open to Matriculating Columbia University Degree Students)
- Advanced Academic English for Graduate Students
Summer. Open to any incoming Master's students entering Columbia University in the Fall.
- English for Professional Purposes: Strategic Communication
Summer. For incoming students in SPS's MS in Strategic Communication.
- English for Professional Purposes: Law
Summer. For incoming Columbia LLM students.
- English for Professional Purposes: SIPA
Summer. For incoming SIPA students.
- English for Professional Purposes: Social Work
Summer. For incoming CSSW students.
- Advanced Academic Writing for International Students in General Studies
Fall + Spring. For ALP level 9 General Studies students only.
- International Teaching Fellows Training
Fall + Spring. For international TAs only.
- English for Social Work
Fall. For CSSW students only.