Senior Lecturer in Language
Dr. Carol Numrich has been a member of the full-time faculty at the American Language Program (ALP) since 1988. As Senior Lecturer, she has led many teaching teams in the ALP’s Intensive Program, taught many part-time English courses at the university and traveled internationally to train and consult with language teachers.
From 1993 to 1996, Numrich was Visiting Professor at Columbia’s Teachers College, where she directed the M.A. Program in TESOL and taught graduate courses in pedagogy. She helped to develop and coordinate the International Teaching Assistant Program at Columbia, in which she taught doctoral students in the sciences for several years. She also helped design the summer TESOL Certificate Program, in which she taught two courses of the required courses. Numrich has chaired and helped organize several committees for TESOL as well as co-edited a column from the TESOL Journal.
- Ed.D., Columbia University
- M.A., Columbia University
- B.A. University at Buffalo -- SUNY
- NorthStar (Pearson, Fourth Edition), co-edited with Frances Boyd
- Consider the Issues: High-Intermediate Listening and Critical Thinking Skills (Pearson Education ESL, Fourth Edition, 2012)
- Raise the Issues: An Integrated Approach to Critical Thinking (Pearson Education ESL, Third Edition, 2009)
- Face the Issues: Intermediate Listening and Critical Thinking Skills (Pearson Education ESL, Third Edition, 2006)
- Tuning In: Listening and Speaking in the Real World (Pearson Education ESL, 2005)