Arthur M. Langer, Ed.D.
Professor of Professional Practice; Academic Director of the M.S. in Technology Management Program, School of Professional Studies; Director of the Center for Technology Management
In addition to serving as the Academic Director of the Programs in Technology Management and the Director of the Center for Technology Management, Dr. Arthur M. Langer is also Vice Chair of Faculty and Executive Advisor to the Dean. He serves on the faculty of the Department of Organization and Leadership at the Graduate School of Education (Teachers College) and is an elected member of the Columbia University Faculty Senate.
Dr. Langer has numerous published articles and papers relating to service learning for underserved populations, IT organizational integration, mentoring, and staff development. He consults with corporations and universities worldwide on information technology, staff development, management transformation, and curriculum development. He is also the Chairman and Founder of Workforce Opportunity Services (www.wforce.org), a nonprofit social venture that provides scholarships and careers to underserved populations around the world.
Prior to joining the full-time faculty at Columbia University, Dr. Langer was Executive Director of Computer Support Services at Coopers & Lybrand, General Manager and Partner of Software Plus, and President of Macco Software.
- P.h.D., Columbia University
- Guide to Software Development: Designing & Managing the Life Cycle (Springer, 2nd Ed., 2016)
- Strategic IT: Best Practices for Managers and Executives (Wiley, 2013), with Lyle Yorks
- Information Technology and Organizational Learning (Routledge, 2nd Ed., 2011)
- Analysis and Design of Information Systems (Springer-Verlag New York, LLC, 2007)
- Applied Ecommerce (Wiley, 2002)
- The Art of Analysis (Springer, 1997)