Columbia University School of Professional Studies Open House
Join us for an Open House, the culminating session of the Frame Your Future Event Series, to learn more about how Columbia University's School of Professional Studies can help advance your career. Hear about our specialized master's degree programs, short-term certificate programs, postbaccalaureate programs, and the Programs for High School Students from our distinguished faculty, admissions team, and the many departments within SPS that support student success.
AGENDA FOR ALL SESSIONS BELOW
9:00 AM EDT Welcome Remarks, Zelon E. Crawford, Senior Associate Dean, Student Affairs
9:15 AM EDT Program Presentation Breakouts
Learn more about individual master’s degrees, visiting student offerings, certificate programs, and the Programs for High School Students. Program teams will discuss their courses and curriculum, program formats, and more to help you decide on the next step in your academic journey.
- Actuarial Science Program Breakout
- Applied Analytics Program Breakout
- Bioethics Program Breakout
- Construction Administration Program Breakout
- Enterprise Risk Management Program Breakout
- Human Capital Management Program Breakout
- Information and Knowledge Strategy Program Breakout
- Insurance Management Program Breakout
- Narrative Medicine Program Breakout
- Negotiation and Conflict Resolution Program Breakout
- Nonprofit Management Program Breakout
- Sports Management Program Breakout
- Strategic Communication Program Breakout
- Sustainability Management Program Breakout
- Sustainability Science Program Breakout
- Technology Management Program Breakout
- Wealth Management Program Breakout
- Visiting Students, Certificates, Post-Baccalaureate Studies Breakout
- Programs for High School Students Breakout
10:00 AM EDT Break
10:15 AM EDT Special Topics and Resources Breakout Rooms
Meet with an Admissions Counselor
Connect with an Admissions Counselor for the programs that were highlighted in the previous session. Ask about program eligibility, application deadlines and any other questions you may have.
The Application Process with Admissions Specialist
Hear from and have questions answered by the Admissions Specialists about how to apply to the School of Professional Studies.
Career Design Lab
Discover how the Career Design Lab supports current students and alumni with services such as individualized career coaching, career assessment, resume and cover letter writing, agile internship job search strategy, personal branding, interview skills, career transitions, salary negotiations, and much more.
International Students and Scholars Office (ISSO)
Learn more about the I-20 and visa application processes along with policies around CPT/OPT specific to international students.
Student Financial Services
Hear from the experts as they cover a range of topics from budgeting for the year ahead to billing and scheduling payment plans to help you prepare to fund your graduate studies.
Meet the teams that work to support students and learn more about their approach to developing professionally-grounded student activities that foster community engagement. Find out about available resources that enable students to excel academically and professionally while building a network of support across and beyond Columbia University.
11:45 AM EDT Break
12:00 PM EDT School of Professional Studies Current Student Panel
This is an opportunity to hear from current students directly about their classroom experience and networking opportunities at Columbia University School of Professional Studies.
For questions regarding the Open House or accessing any of the sessions, please contact sps-events [[at]] columbia [[dot]] edu.
For additional information about this event or program offerings at Columbia University’s School of Professional Studies, please visit our website or contact an Admissions Counselor at 212-854-9666 or inquire [[at]] sps [[dot]] columbia [[dot]] edu.