Visiting Undergraduate Students
Columbia University provides excellent options for strengthening an application and developing skills, as well as receiving graduate school application advising and support. As a Visiting Student, you will learn from respected faculty instructing an extensive range of courses only available at Columbia and gain an experience that demonstrates your potential as a scholar.
Students enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at another university and in good academic standing may apply to the Undergraduate Visiting Students Program.
- Learn from respected, world-class faculty instructing courses in both foundational and cutting-edge topics.
- Gain cross-disciplinary perspectives to enrich your core area of study and benefit from a well-rounded set of skills and knowledge.
- Study alongside Columbia undergraduate and graduate students, gain access to exclusive Columbia resources, and take advantage of living in New York City.
- Create your own program of study aligned with your academic interests and professional goals.
- Pursue a Certification of Professional Achievement, if you are a third or fourth year undergraduate.
- Take two business communication courses and two quantitative courses with Business Plus during the Spring or Fall or Business Plus during the Summer, if you have a TOEFL IBT score between 85 and 99, IELTS score of 6.5 or 7, or SPS/ALP level between 7 and 9.
Length of Study
Admission as an Undergraduate Visiting Student is permitted for a maximum of two terms plus the Summer sessions. Continuation into the second term is contingent on successful completion of the first.