Visiting Graduate Students
As a Visiting Student, you have the opportunity to deepen your knowledge in niche subject areas, learn from respected faculty in a wide range of courses available at schools across the university, and gain access to Columbia resources.
Students enrolled in a master’s degree program at another university and in good academic standing may apply to the Graduate Visiting Students Program.
- Learn from respected, world-class faculty instructing courses in both foundational and cutting-edge topics.
- Gain cross-disciplinary perspectives to enrich your core area of study and benefit from a well-rounded set of skills and knowledge.
- Study alongside Columbia undergraduate and graduate students, gain access to exclusive Columbia resources, and take advantage of living in New York City.
The Visiting Student experience is highly customizable to suit your individual goals. We recommend that prospective students and applicants contact the admissions counselor for their specific program to learn their options and to forecast their course of study if admitted. To find your program’s counselor, visit Contact Us and navigate to Academic Contacts.
Course plan advising is provided to admitted students on an individual basis, ensuring that students pursue a rigorous program of study appropriate to their academic, professional, and personal goals.
- Create your own program of study aligned with your academic interests and professional goals.
- Pursue any Certification of Professional Achievement.
- Take two business communication courses and two quantitative courses with Business Plus during the Spring or Fall or Business Plus during the Summer, if you have a TOEFL IBT score between 85 and 99.
Length of Study
Admission as a Graduate Visiting Student is permitted for a maximum of two terms plus the Summer sessions. Continuation into the second term is contingent on successful completion of the first.