Master of Science in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
Columbia University’s Master of Science in Negotiation and Conflict Resolution prepares students to analyze the root causes and dynamics of conflict and to transform disputes through reasoned and resourceful interventions.
The hybrid program option consists of online courses and a 3-week on-campus Intensive Study session.
The hybrid program takes four semesters to complete. New students start the program in the Spring semester.
Students will start in the spring in an online format then join on-campus for a three-week Intensive Study in the summer. The Intensive Study term is a full-time semester with required in-person classes.
- Summer 2023 Intensive dates: May 22 - June 9, 2023 (with optional, intensive elective June 12 - June 16, 2023)
*Select courses are available online or in hybrid format.
Who Should Apply?
- Early career professionals who want to gain important negotiation and conflict resolution skills to succeed in any role and field.
- Mid-career professionals who want to enhance and extend their expertise to accelerate their career and impact.
- Career-changing professionals who want to develop new and effective negotiation and conflict resolution skills and are looking for a strong platform from which to negotiate new organizational relationships and career opportunities.
- Those who are working in or who wish to work in the field of conflict resolution and want to enhance their effectiveness by expanding their repertoire of concepts, skills, and practices.
What Students and Alumni Say About the Program
Connect with Us
Learn more about Negotiation and Conflict Resolution at Columbia University School of Professional Studies, or contact the program admissions counselor.Request more information
Study with Us
As admissions to our programs are highly competitive, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Learn more about the application process, deadlines, and requirements.Learn more
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible.
Stay in the know with updates sent straight to your inbox.