Tuition & Fees
In order to secure a place in the program, admitted students must pay a nonrefundable deposit of $2,000 to the university by the deadline stated in the acceptance letter. The deposit is credited toward the student's tuition upon matriculation. Under no circumstances can the acceptance deposit be waived. Students who fail to submit their deposit by the deadline forfeit their place in the entering class. Students who make deposits but do not enroll on the agreed date lose their deposits.
Tuition and fees are subject to Board of Trustee approval and may change.
Summer 2018, Fall 2018 and Spring 2019
- $2,118.00 per point
Summer 2019, Fall 2019 and Spring 2020
- $2,182.00 per point
This listing is intended to summarize possible charges that could be incurred against a student's account. Certain charges depend upon specific circumstances, as noted. Fees that are not billed to the student account, such as course fees or placement test fees, may be required but are not listed here.
- $500 per each course with an intensive in San Francisco
Student Activities Fee
- $300.00 per term
University Facilities Fee*
Full-time students (Fall & Spring)
- $555.00 per term
Full-time students (Summer 2019)
- $479.00 flat rate
- $105.00 one-time fee for all new students
Late Registration Fee
- $50.00 during late registration period
- $100.00 after late registration period
Required of any student who drops all courses for which he or she has registered.
- $75.00 one-time fee
Health Services Fee**
- $584.00 per term (Fall & Spring)
- $280.00 (Summer)
International Services Charge
Required of all international students.
- $100.00 per term
Online Technology Fee
Required of any student enrolled in the fully online program option.
- $218.00 per term
- $35.00 per term
Expanded CUIT Account Fee (optional)
Entitles students to extended CUIT computer lab privileges.
- $35.00 per term
Student Medical Insurance
All full-time students must provide proof of insurance or enroll in one of the University plans. This fee is optional for part-time students. Visit Columbia Health for details and rates.
* University Facilities Fee – Students are required to pay a University Facilities Fee depending on their registration. Full-time students are those registered for 12 or more points over a 16-week term. Students registered in the San Francisco option or the fully online option are exempt from the University Facilities Fee. This fee is subject to Board of Trustee approval and may change.
** Health Service Fee – Required of all full-time students; optional for part-time students. Includes clinical services provided on campus as well as integrated off-campus services. See www.health.columbia.edu for details. Students who pay the Health Service Fee in Spring are not required to pay the Health Service Fee in Summer. The Summer Trimester Fee applies to new Summer Trimester students only.