Participants Will Learn
- The U.S. job-search process
- Professional oral communication skills
- Communicating complex ideas to non-experts
- Professional correspondence writing skills
- Interviewing types, techniques, and strategies
- Face-to-face and virtual networking strategies
- Industry-specific business jargon
- Professional conduct & email etiquette
- U.S. industry initiatives
Course Registration Deadline
The course registration deadline is July 2, 2021.
This course is designed specifically for international students whose native language is not English and who are not required to take the ALP's summer Advanced Academic English for Graduate Students course.
In order to be eligible to participate in the U.S. Career & Communication Accelerator in Summer 2021, you must be a graduate student at Columbia University whose first language is not English. You must commit to your master's program by submitting your enrollment confirmation form and tuition deposit by no later than July 2, 2021 in order to register for this course.
If you have any questions regarding your eligibility to participate in this course, please contact the Office of Admissions at apply [[at]] sps [[dot]] columbia [[dot]] edu before completing the registration form and submitting your payment. The course registration fee is non-refundable.
This online course will be offered during the Summer C 2021 term, July 19–August 13, 2021. The program will span four consecutive weeks. Classes take place Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m. ET with a 30-minute break.
Columbia Excellence, Online
- Expert, experienced faculty, supported by the Columbia University School of Professional Studies, a leader in online education
- Individual attention and one-on-one support
- Feedback and error correction on spoken and written English
- A supportive and collaborative learning environment
- Small class sizes (maximum 15)
- A virtual community
|Certification & Badge||
Advice from International Alumni
SPS alumni share advice on how they prepared to successfully navigate the job search in the U.S.
Frequently Asked Questions
Connect with Us
Contact the American Language Program at Columbia University to learn more.
David Taylor-Tumilty, Admissions Counselor
Schedule an Appointment
If you would like to discuss your interest in greater detail, you can schedule a Zoom or phone appointment with David Taylor-Tumilty, Admissions Counselor.
10:00a.m.– 5:00pm ET, Monday–Friday
Reserve Your Spot
This course is open to Columbia University graduate students whose first language is not English and who are not required to take the ALP's summer Advanced Academic English for Graduate Students course.