As Senior Director of Operations for Red Bull Arena, Bill Wiswesser serves as the lead for all of the events at the stadium including Major League Soccer matches, international friendlies, and corporate events. He also serves as the main contact for all broadcast operations dealing with ESPN, NBC Sports, Fox Sports, Sky Sports, MSG, Univision, Telefutura, and others. In addition to being responsible for all credentials for the facility and team, he also influences policies, procedures, and vendor hiring. Most recently, he oversaw the installation and implementation of the league’s new Video Assistant Review technology. In his ten plus years with the organization, Wiswesser has overseen the New York Red Bulls’ home matches at Giant Stadium, merchandising, fleet of vehicles, and the creation and operations of the training facility at Montclair State University.
Along with this, he served as:
- Competitions Manager for the Copa America tournament at MetLife Stadium
- Venue Manager for Red Bull Arena for the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup
- Venue Manager for BMO Field in Toronto, Canada for the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup
- Visiting Supervisor for S.A.F.E. Management for Super Bowl 50 at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara, California
- Competitions Manager for several International Champions Cup for Relevent Sports at Michigan Stadium in 2016 and MetLife Stadium and FedEx Field in 2017
- Game Day Operations Consultant for the Hartford Colonials of the United Football League
- Production Assistant for a variety of events around the U.S.
Wiswesser received his undergraduate degree from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill and his Master’s in Sports Management from Columbia University. He resides in Piscataway, New Jersey with his wife and two children.