Program Fee$5,440.00 per session
Activities Fee$65.00 per session
Covers gym and student center access, computer lab use, midday extracurricular activities, and Columbia ID card.
Health Service Fee$95.00 per session
Grants access to Urgent Care at the University's Health Service facility during hours of operation. Fees for medicine and tests, if needed, are not included. The health service fee is not health insurance; all students are expected to have insurance coverage.
Application fee, lab fees, and course materials are not included in the program cost (see below).
Students who apply after the priority application deadline are required to pay a nonrefundable $80.00 application fee.
These fees are in addition to the costs listed above and cover expenses such as course-related equipment, facilities, and field trips
Beyond the Game: The Business of Sports$100.00
Creating Original Theater: Playwriting, Directing, and Acting$150.00
Digital Filmmaking: From Initial Concept to Final Edit$175.00
Drawing: Eye and Idea$125.00
Experiencing Theatre in New York$550.00
Explorations in Genetics and Molecular Biology$150.00
Intensive Seminars in Modern Chemistry$175.00
Introduction to Digital Filmmaking$175.00
Introduction to Materials Science and Nanotechnology$175.00
Introduction to Robotics$175.00
Conservation Biology and Sustainability: Preserving our Planet$150.00
Mixed Media and Collage: Explorations in Two-Dimensional Design$125.00
New York Experienced: An Urban Case Study$100.00
Painting Fundamentals: The Painted Image$125.00
Photography: The Camera Craft$165.00
Students should budget approximately $50 for books and course materials. Some curricular options may require additional materials.
- Students in Introduction to Architectural Design and Theory should budget approximately $200 for studio supplies.
- Students are required to bring laptops for Biomedical Engineering: Physical Effects on Cells;Corporate Valuation; Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Changing the World Via Venture Creation; Legal Reasoning, Research, and Writing; Sustainable Urbanization; and The Stock Market.
- Students enrolled Building Web Applications with Python, Introduction to Programming in C and Introduction to Computer Programming: Fundamentals of C are required to bring laptops. Laptops can either be a PC or a Mac, but should have 8GB – 10GB of free space.
- For Introduction to Business, Finance, and Economics, laptops are not required, but highly recommended.
- For Photography: The Camera Craft, students are expected to have their own 35mm SLR film cameras.
Deposit & Balance Due
In order to secure a place in the program, a $1,000.00 nonrefundable deposit, credited toward tuition, is due upon notification of acceptance to the program. A bill for the balance due will be issued to the student's Columbia University email address in early June (Session I) or late June/early July (Session II).
Individual applications for financial aid are not accepted. Students are advised to check with their guidance counselors for information on securing financial assistance from outside sources.
Prices are subject to Board of Trustee approval and may change.